Image hosted by Photobucket.com
To the BATMOBILE
Thursday, April 27, 2006

gastronomical delights

I never knew cheese could evaporate... Not till my mother decided to serve up a hotdog with a slice of Cheesedale which obviously overstayed what it was due in the microwave by several weeks. One can't complain though, it was a welcome intervention from one of my million A Math practice papers... Such was the incohorent state of consciousness I was in that I mindlessly devoured the majority of it (badly burst weiner right down to the extremely out of place chutney "sauce" - us superheroes develop strange taste...) only pausing to notice the melted cheese, having lost all semblance of viscousity and thus dripping onto my right boxer leg (sounds weird but I believe that is the proper term. Thigh, anyone?).

What was most disturbing about my mid-morning meal was that while Cheesedale cheese (and all forms of cheese for that I know) usually hardens within the next five minutes of being heated, what I consumed seemed to have taken on the properties of something more... Extra-terrestial?

*Typing becomes irregular as green tentacles start growing from the tips of his fingers*

TO THE BATMOB...

"Hold on!" Devouted fans may cry out in dissatisfaction, having felt cheated of a proper development into the topic of Butlerman's choice.

As no such entity actually exists...

TO THE BATMOBI...

"But what if one actually does?" The thought bothers to surface in my mind.
Stupid thought.

I have 3 clear paths to take into the crazed wilderness that is my writing.
1) I could write about food.
2) I could write about my lack of literary ability and attempt to correct it to make that "devout fan" character exist.
3) I could finish of the remaining LE of BATMOBILE and go watch Lost.

Like any headstrong superhero, I carelessly toss away the most sensible option (number 3) and decide to go crashing through the remaining two paths aimlessly and run myself into a few trees (literary representations of Writer's Block. How deep) and get exotic birdshit on/in my head (representative of my writing. I could not think of anything deeper - thus falling back on what I watched, reminiscent of my traumatic childhood experience of watching George of the Jungle).

Talking about melted cheese, unrecognisably exploded sausages, and/or exotic birdshit (I'm not too sure about you, but it sure puts me in the mood for more food...), I found myself in Serene Centre's MacDonalds sometime this evening, having felt slightly peckish after A Maths tuition (whereever A Math is concerned, my rate of digestion quadruples) and greatly desiring to purchase at the very least, a McChicken. Oh sodium galore.

Unfortunately as I vigorously opened my mouth to order (hard to explain, but vigorous nonetheless), a glance into my wallet to dish out the money needed to purchase such a tantalizing snack revealed that I could only afford to spare one dollar. The words "One grossly salty, oily and fat-filled, yet oh-so-tasty McChicken" caught in my throat, and all I could manage was to avoid wheezing like a deflated balloon and made my way out of the queue muttering a lame excuse that I was late for... something. My ACS badge promptly turned black, shrivelled and vapourised, having found my being unworthy of something representing an obscenely rich family of schools.

Unfortunate. Even more unfortunate is the fact my Geography remains half untouched with my exam but 12 hours away. Screw that devout fan I say. Superheroes have no time for fanclubs (I may live to regret my decision - but so will I when I get back my results at this rate).

TO THE BATMOBILE

posted by butler at 2:38 pm
link |

0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

back to main page



The Writer

highly confidential
Martin Butler, or affectionally known to others as "Butler", "Butlerman", or just "Butt".
-Most eligible bachelor of 2004-every year henceforth - step aside Mr.Clooney
-Doesn't particularly enjoy much anymore having been desensitized as part of a cruel torturous regime a.k.a IB...
-Dislikes everything he doesn't like...

Nov 8th - Remember the date!
MSN - butlerwantsu@hotmail.com (Add with caution)


Archives


November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
September 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
May 2009
October 2009
November 2009


Links

Under permanent state of reconstruction - you may start by asking me to link you

If I have forgotten anybody (or maybe I just don't know enough people...), let me know

Google
Blogger
Yahoo!
MSN
Photobucket


the Garage cum Batforum

a tense atmosphere of hot air, greasy stains and the endless grumbles of the engine - and that's only me




Designed by mela | Image from stock.xchng
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com