Image hosted by Photobucket.com
To the BATMOBILE
Monday, January 09, 2006

a moment of mortality

Despite bursting full of creativity and wit today (peak of which was when my delightfully irritating teacher crackled out "I'm giving out the circulars now!", the words "Sir, but they're rectangular!" burst forth unbidden from my mouth and stunned everyone into a stupor), I have decided to pay homage to those to have made an impact in my life, after one of them brought up the memory of residing on top of the Ngee Ann City rooftop once again, and we shared in our similarly face-crackingly-so-stressed-out period of being selected for the rugby squad. Speaking of which, I'm not fishing for any compliments when I'm say, I have not feared so much for my selections as before as now, and it is becoming a increasingly scary reality that I shall not be chosen. Everything I have worked for within the last 3 years has never been rendered so meaningless, as every step I take now, clad in my jersey, seems to be without the support of my coaches and teamates, and to a certain extent, even my friends (this I admit, I crave above all)...
Unfortunately enough, this post is less about me and more about everyone else (many of you breathe a sigh of relief as your eyes, bleeding from reading my bullshit, are allowed a brief respite...)!
This song, is dedicated in (some vague) order of importance -
1) A great friend, whom soon, for the first time in 7 years that I've been (my fingers tremble with suppressed emotion/ego) blessed with his company, I shall not be in the same school as him.
1.5) My brothers in arms from the team, who I have had many memorable incidents (and accidents) with.
1.5 again) My sister. Even with my famed humility, I could only struggle out those two words before I had to insert the punctuation.
2) My teamates, whom I've let down time and time again. If the selections tomorrow do not go my way, it shall be the last time I'll let you all down...
3) My classmates (and other GEP people), another set of people I've let down if I fail in rugby.
4) Various members of the opposite sex - always ready to give me a swift kick in the nuts provided whenever they see fit (one would think by now I would get used to it).
5) Everyone else who has influenced my life for the better (teachers inclusive - the one and only time I'd mention this other than Teacher's Day...)

One Blood by Terence Jay

"In a faraway fires,
Where the hills forever burn.
At the feet of our heroes,
We try hard to learn.
But the lesson is lost there,
In the smoke and the mud.

That we are, one flesh, one breath, one life,
One blood.

I stood by the river,
That ran red with shame.
I stood in the killing fields,
Where Death had no name.
I stood with my brothers,
And awaited flood.

And We were one flesh, one breath, one life,
One blood.

Then I fell to the ground,
Tasted ashes on my tongue.
Thinking that only the dead,
are forever young.

There was peace in the twilight,
and for a moment, a morgue.
There was a road without danger,
a world without war.
Then I would take all your suffering,
it won't do any good.

Cause we are one flesh, one breath, one life,
One blood."

Not a classic, a mite cliche, but the best I could do (in what must be my shortest blog post ever). Wrote down the lyrics myself as the even the expansive World Wide Web had diddly-squat about this song.

I fear for tomorrow (or is it cold resignation?)
TO THE BATMOBILE

posted by butler at 7:54 pm
link |

0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

back to main page



The Writer

highly confidential
Martin Butler, or affectionally known to others as "Butler", "Butlerman", or just "Butt".
-Most eligible bachelor of 2004-every year henceforth - step aside Mr.Clooney
-Doesn't particularly enjoy much anymore having been desensitized as part of a cruel torturous regime a.k.a IB...
-Dislikes everything he doesn't like...

Nov 8th - Remember the date!
MSN - butlerwantsu@hotmail.com (Add with caution)


Archives


November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
April 2007
September 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
October 2008
December 2008
January 2009
March 2009
May 2009
October 2009
November 2009


Links

Under permanent state of reconstruction - you may start by asking me to link you

If I have forgotten anybody (or maybe I just don't know enough people...), let me know

Google
Blogger
Yahoo!
MSN
Photobucket


the Garage cum Batforum

a tense atmosphere of hot air, greasy stains and the endless grumbles of the engine - and that's only me




Designed by mela | Image from stock.xchng
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com